Saturday, November 13, 2021

Wrapping it up! (final blog entry)

 It's been awhile since I've updated this blog. Mostly it's because somebody's living there now so it's kind of hard to photograph their domicile and invade their privacy.

 The bottom line is that the house is being lived in and it's now a home.  Other than finishing up some wiring and electrical work and some trim work and little detail work it's pretty much done.

  Yes, there's still some painting that needs to be done and we probably need to put down a new tile floor in the bathroom. 

   The house finally has heat, and while I never really concluded or wrapped up the story about the boiler, I did snap a photo of the finished project in the basement with all the lines going up to the cast iron radiators. The radiators by the way, do an amazing job of providing heat to the home.  They've also been using the cast iron wood stove in the living room.

manifold to radiators


Also worth mentioning,  my cabinet maker Andrew re-created the original upper kitchen cabinet with the original glass front doors and hardware. He's the same guy who built the heavy sink base support cabinet for the 180 pound cast iron farmhouse sink.  








And finally, the hardwood floors got installed in the library.







  I still go up every once in awhile and do a little bit of work here and there,  but mostly it's in good hands.

So, I think this is where I'll wrap up this blog.  It was a long 5 year project, but I took it from a falling down mess to an inhabited home.  There were times that I got frustrated and wondered what I had gotten myself into, but there was also a lot of pride that came from the progress.

I hope that someone out there enjoyed watching the transformation. 


Stay Well & God Bless,

Fritz




No comments:

Post a Comment