Saturday, November 12, 2016

  While I was out in the yard making mulch, Rob was busy replacing the front door to the house.
I don't have a good photo of the original front door, but it was a french door that had been painted blue and had four of its panes broken out.  It was cracked vertically spanning its entire length on the side opposite the hinges, and had a piece of OSB board screwed and nailed to it to keep it in one piece and keep intruders out.

    I scored a free door from my friend Dennis. It came off of a 1905 house in Newburgh, NY .
It is solid wood, with a nice thick window and it weighs a ton.  Rob had to shorten it a bit and plane it to fit my jamb, but when he was done, it fit and functioned beautifully! I can close it with one finger.

Here's what it looks like installed:




   

No comments:

Post a Comment