Thursday, September 26, 2019

Holy crap!  Is that a cement mixer in the kitchen?


Yes, yes it is.  After having a great deal of trouble trying to get a concrete company to deliver to my location, I asked Rob if we could mix up a large quantity on site.

Rob's reply was yes, and he recommended the harbor freight model you see here. Apparently he has used this model before and it works just fine. With an online coupon, I picked it up for just $175

You see, we need to mix up and pour about 5 yards on the north side of the house against the stone foundation below the groundline.  The stone foundation on that side is quite porous due to the mortar joints deteriorating and rainwater weeps into the basement after a good rain.  I figured that after all the structural repair we did, the last thing I need is a damp basement and potential mildew/mold concerns.

Anyway, I know its been a while since the last update, but its tax season. I need to pay the property and school taxes on the house I live in, as well as this house. That doesn't leave a lot of money for renovations, so the work has slowed greatly. Hopefully we can get some progress done before the cold weather hits.



No comments:

Post a Comment