Monday, January 27, 2020

New Boiler & Oil Tank Delivery

      As I mentioned in my last post to this blog,  I scored a nearly new fuel oil tank. A few days later I completed a deal on a 2017 German made Buderus Logano G215 oil fired four chamber boiler.  It came with a riello burner. I've been told by three different burner techs, that this unit is the top of the line boiler/burner combo. It is supposedly the Mercedes Benz of boilers. 

       For the last few weeks it was a waiting game, as the weather was rotten every weekend. It was either snowing or pouring rain each weekend, so transporting the equipment to Pennsylvania  was not possible.  Yesterday we got a break though.

       I rented a trailer and picked up Robbie, then we headed up to the house. Here's what the trip looked like when we headed out in the morning.
   
      When we got to the house, the first thing we did was to hoist the boiler out of the trailer using a cherry picker (engine crane),  then we unloaded the oil tank and positioned it around the back of the house on the stone patio.


       With the boiler perched on top of a heavy duty furniture dolly, I attached a tow strap to the boiler and connected the strap to my trucks tow hooks. I laid a piece of 3/4" plywood over the stairs that lead down to the basement, and after making Robbie very nervous as we pushed the boiler over the edge, I then lowered it slowly by driving the truck forward toward the stairs.  Robbie guided me slowly and made sure the boiler went straight. After a nervous few minutes, the boiler was on the basement floor.

   
 

   
    Finally, we pushed the boiler over to where it will reside in the basement.  Next month I have a HVAC tech coming over to hook it up and  plumb it to the radiators.  Heat in the house? What a concept.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment