Sunday, September 27, 2020

Come right this way Fortunato.

       




    The entire time I was building it, all I could think of was Poe's Cask of Amontillado.   But no, unlike Montresor,  I am no mason and I am not building a brick wall to seal a jester into a niche of my basement.

     What I am doing is building a short decorative wall behind which I will pour concrete and create a ledge for the water heater and water softener to sit upon.  It was real nice to mix the mortar in my cement mixer and use a garden hose with a sprayer now that I have running water in the house.

     Hopefully I'll never have to truck dozens of pails of water up to the house again. I should have fixed the well years ago! The photo of my finished wall came out dark and unclear, but I'll post more as the project continues.


 


 

    In other news, a giant tree limb came down in the side yard. Nothing like the one that damaged the roof and window from that hurricane back in August, but concerning nonetheless.






No comments:

Post a Comment