Thursday, April 30, 2020

Misc. boiler work & tools purchased.

     While Bob is still sourcing all the components for the boiler install, I've been doing small little tasks to make his job a bit easier.  I ran a new thermostat wire down through the living room wall in to the basement and connected it to the boiler, I ran a new copper fuel oil line to the tank outside, amd I connected the electrical wires for the burner and switches.

     





     I also started removing and disassembling some of the black pipe that fed the cast iron radiators in the house.  We will be splitting the two floors into two separate heating zones.  I also bought a pipe vise, a cutter and a threader for up to 2" steel pipe.  I got it all on craigslist for under $200




        Lastly, I got the first order of parts in for the boiler. More stuff is on the way:

No comments:

Post a Comment