Sunday, April 26, 2020

Wires, wires, and more wires.

     I've been running wires. Seriously, Ive been running wires everywhere for like a week now.  It started in the piano room(by the way we call it the piano room simply because it had a piano in it when I bought the house. It no longer does nor will it) because I decided that we need more outlets. Then I decided to try to power up the switch in the living room which controls the ceiling fan/light. From there, I decided to add more light in the basement so that Bob can see when he comes to activate the boiler.

     Anyway, 125 feet of romex later, I have lights everywhere in the house. I even have a light switch at the top of the basement stairs that will tun on the lights in the basement before you go down the steps. Nice huh?  I wired up a new circuit for the boiler and ran an emergency shut off switch for it(also at the top of the stairs).  Finally I called up Bob to come over and see what needs to be done. 

      This is Bob the HVAC/burner tech.:
     Bob said to say hi to everyone. Yes, he usually has his eyes open when he works, but I guess he blinked when I snapped the pic.   Anyway, Bob wired up the boiler, ran some of the fuel lines, and the fuel filter,  he measured every thing for the manifold, circulator, zone valves, expansion tank, and a million and one other important components.  I ended up with a very long shopping list of things to buy so he can fully install the system.

          For now, I'll leave you with a few snapshots. I've got to go try to make some money to pay for all the stuff I need to buy. It's tougher than usual because my paychecks are cut in half due to hourly cutbacks at my job.  This virus thing has shutdown the economy and I'm feeling the squeeze.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment