Thursday, August 13, 2020

I tried my hand at landscaping.

    Today I rented a skid steer with bucket and tried some landscaping.  I removed a ton of dirt from the north side of the house and relocated it to the south side and the front where there were a lot of low spots.  I re-graded and sloped the dirt down and away from the house which I'm told is a good idea.  I really need to get back onto the concrete work and finish the wall on that side of the house.

    Here's a few photos:



        After that was done,  I re-installed the baseboard moulding in the kitchen, then laid down some protective paper and bought the appliances back into the kitchen.



    I went down into the basement and began installing the new electric panel in anticipation of Matt coming up this weekend and replacing the service entrance cable.

   

     Lastly, I did some work around the well in the backyard. I have a new taller casing  ordered up to bring the opening up above ground level.  I  didn't snap any photos of that.

   Oh and by the way, I put in a claim to my homeowners insurance to see if they will pay for some of the damage from that hurricane last week. I should know in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment