Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Curb appeal

   For the second time since buying this house, I decided to address the issue of how the house and yard look from the street. Back in 2016 I got a chainsaw and a chipper and cleaned up the front somewhat so you could see the yard, but there were still two big stumps and a ton of fallen timber that was too big for the chipper.

   Well, yesterday I bought in the big guns. I hired my friend Steve to clear it all out once and for all. Here is what the place looked like before we did anything:
     Fallen tree trunks laying everywhere:



    Then we arrived with a track loader equipped with a grappling claw:
   
    Steve got right to it:



     Remember the "conjuring tree" which became a stump the first year, well there are no more stumps in this yard:
         

    The end result is fantastic, I just need to spread grass seed and keep up with the mowing now. Here's a before and after of the view from the shoulder of the road:


No comments:

Post a Comment