Sunday, July 26, 2020

Pour some more.

The second concrete pour has cured. This one was a full 24" tall on top of the 8" footing that I pored the day we dug the trench.  One of the photos shows that there is still another foot of concrete needed to reach the existing sill plate under the wall.  A lot of the original sill plate is rotted and gone, so I will most likely build the next forms at 14" tall so that some of the concrete can flow under and around the wall studs and timbers where the sill plate was. This will definitely strengthen and support the wall while stopping water from getting in the basement.





    After removing the plywood forms, I backfilled the trench alongside the new wall with dirt.

   





     After playing in the dirt, I went back to the piano room where I proceeded to put a coat of white paint on the ceiling as well as the first coat of grey paint on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment