Saturday, July 4, 2020

Sand, spackle, repeat...

     Yes its true, the worst part of any home renovation is the endless sanding and inevitable re-spackling  of all the seams and screw heads. I'm two sessions in and by my calculations I'll have two more before the primer/paint gets applied.  Its tedious and exhausting, but necessary.

     After I was all spackled out,  I installed the last three pieces of 1/2" plywood on the kitchen floor around the sink cabinet.  Following that, I began laying down the 1/4" luan underlayment. I used construction adhesive and about a thousand inch long crown staples to hold it down.  I'm guessing the vinyl floor will be going down in about two weeks.




edit 6/7/20:
    Sanding session #3 indicated that many of my screw heads & seams are done, so I rolled some primer on the completed areas. This should prevent me from re-sanding areas that no longer need sanding and allow me to concentrate on the remaining rough areas.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment