Thursday, July 30, 2020

Doing well, or maybe not so well.

       The bottom line is, I need running water in the house. I've been working around it for 4 years. Lugging barrels of fresh water up to the house nearly every weekend, and not having running water (or a toilet that flushes) has taken its toll on me.

     Bob, my boiler tech says he needs water to fill the system and so I've been on a mission to get the well going. I called two well companies, one of which would not service my area, and another who came out to the house and said he would give me an estimate, but just ran me around in circles for over a week and then just stopped returning my calls.
 
    Finally, I called Gary Tyler of Tyler Pump and Well Service.  I should have called them first,  they were professional, polite, prompt, and punctual.  This morning right at 8:30 (just like they said) the guys from Tyler Wells came to the house. They replaced my pump with a new 220 volt Pentair well pump, I think it was a 1/2 horsepower unit. They also ran all new wiring, installed a new fiberglass pressure tank with a boiler drain valve and a main shutoff ballvalve.  A new pressure switch was also installed.

     I came so close to having running water today, but hit a small problem. My 100 amp circuit breaker panel does not have a ground rod in the earth tied into the ground bar.  Rather than running the ground to the neutral, I ran it to the "fake" ground bar and had some arcing in the box when the breaker for the well was turned on.  I should have my friend Matt up to the house within the week and get that issue resolved, then the water should flow!

    Here's a few photos from today:
 

 Old pump is out:
 New pump being wired up:
 New pressure tank:

No comments:

Post a Comment