Saturday, July 11, 2020

Up next: Paint & Vinyl

   Four sanding sessions is what it took to get the piano room done. Yes, there are a few small spots that need tiny touch up here and there but basically, its ready for paint. Once the ceiling and walls are painted, the window casing, crown moulding, and then the wood floors can be installed.




     Having completed my sanding for the day, I moved on to the kitchen floor. Most of the luan underlayment was straight forward, full sheets mostly except for a few 2' X 8' half sheets along the back wall.  The exception was the sheet that curled around the hallway wall and into the three doorways.  That one took the better part of two hours to cut & trim and fit into place nicely.  Nonetheless, I got it done.



     And just like that, the kitchen was ready for the vinyl floor. I bought in the roll and hopefully my son Chris will be able to help me unroll it and get it into place next weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment